Look, I’ve known Jake forever. Our friendship is little-boy-holding-little-girl’s-hand.
With the doors almost ready to open for Comic-Con International in San Diego, Marvel Comics is opening the floodgates to their massive online comics archive, Marvel Unlimited—for only 99 cents. For the next week, a dollar will buy you a month of total access to Marvel’s online cache of over 15,000 comics.
I’m sure this is making the rounds already, but just to make sure everyone sees this — this is a really good trial.
Uh, wow. I already thought Marvel Unlimited was a great idea - I really hope DC unrolls something like this, too - but man, $0.99?
Looking for inspiration, new music, or new friends? This is for you! The mixtape mixup will work sort of like a secret santa. You’ll be matched up with two people: one to make a playlist for and one to recieve a playlist from. At the end of the mixup, you’ll have a fabulous new mix to listen to, have met some super cool new music baes, and hopefully discover artists you never would have otherwise heard of!
THE GREAT MATCHUP
- the survey will be open until august 1st
- i’ll match everyone up and send matches out by august 10th
- you’ll have from august 21st to august 31st to post your playlists
- when it’s time to post, upload your mix to your host site and create a post on tumblr that’s tagged #mixtape mixup
- all updates will also be tagged #mixtape mixup
- if you have any questions, feel free to ask me here!
I was watching DoS last night with my family and when it go to the part with the melted gold my little sister was like “I wish I had a bunch of melted gold. I’d just dip things in it. Like jewelry. And coffee mugs. And people who annoy me.”